Praise and Sharing Gatherings
Thursday Nights – 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Praise & Bible Lesson 6:00pm/ Potluck 6:30pm/ Sharing 7:00-7:30pm
Intergenerational Faith Celebration
Place: Dining Room of First Baptist Church of Los Angeles
Pastor Scott Arnold will be leading this time of lively praise, interactive fun Bible lessons for all ages, a potluck of shared food and a time of sharing/learning and prayer. There will be praise music for all generations as Pastor Scott and others who are interested in playing guitar or keyboards, percussion or other instruments are welcome to participate. The theme will be “Jesus’ Kingdom Parables”.
Thursday Night Gatherings and themes – “Kingdom Parables”
(6:00pm to 7:30pm; 3 sets of 3 week meetings, one week breaks between)
1. January 23rd, “The Wise and the Foolish Builders” Matthew 7:24-27 (Legos will be used)
2. January 30th, “Parable of the Sower”. Matthew 13:1-9. (Colored paper & Scissors)
3. February 6th, “Parable of the Weeds”. Matthew 13:24-30. (shoelaces or string)
4. February 20th, “Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast”. Matthew 13:31-33. (dough)
5. February 27th, “Parables of the Hidden Treasure & the Pearl”. Matthew 13:44-46 (gemstones)
6. March 5th, “Parable of the Net and the Fish” Matthew 13:47-51. (Fishing game – magnets)
7. March 19th, “Parable of the Lost Sheep”. Matthew 18:10-14. (Cotton balls, paper, glue & eyes)
8. March 26th, “Parable of the Good Samaritan”. Luke 10:25-37. (Video Camera & actors)
9. April 2nd, “Parable of the Prodigal Son”. Luke 15:11-31. (old magazines & paper collage)
Come to sing, celebrate, eat together at tables, and learn together creatively. Sign up to bring food if you can by calling the church office. Even if you don’t have time to prepare, buy or bring food, just come.
Feel welcome to call or text Pastor Scott with any questions or to volunteer help. 810-348-1382.